Pages

Thursday 8 December 2016

Pseudoscience task

Pseudoscience Task

Walt: Find and link information across a range of texts

Task
Work on this Doc together with a partner.


What was the author's main message in pseudoscience
To be careful of what companies say and do

What are some of the differences between scientists and advertisers?
Scientists
Advertisers
Tell the truth
Tell lies
Experiment
They are convincing us to buy things



Write 3 sentences explaining something new you’ve learned from this reading.
I learnt that Advertisers tell lies like for example what if they said that chocolate was good for our brain now that is a lie

What i learnt about scientists was that they test like how Advertisers said that chocolate is good for our brain they experimented it and they said that it is unhealthy for our bodys

Advertisers convince people to buy things


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Daniella,

    I'm Mark, a teacher working for the Summer Learning Journey you signed up for at the end of term. I just read this bog of yours and thought it was really cool. Did you hear about Ribena? They used to be a very popular drink in NZ and always said "Grapes have lots of Vitamin C" but in the end it turns out their drink did not have much vitamin C at all and they got in heaps of trouble. I don't think I've seen Ribena since I got back from overseas actually, I wonder if they still sell it.

    I just thought I would remind you that the Summer Learning Journey still exists for you if you want something different to do during the holidays. There are loads of activities and learning opportunities about travel and the world if you are interested. The best part about it is that you get to choose what you learn. The second best part is that there are lots of interesting people commenting on everyone's posts!

    Anyways, I hope you're having a wonderful holiday!

    Kia Kaha,

    Mark

    ReplyDelete